Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Random facts

*Just had an impromptu English lesson with the girls here. One of them, a junior, told me that she wants to move to San Francisco and she wants to be a designer! So I told her she was welcome to come visit and I'd show her around. :). She also showed me one of her dress designs and it was wonderful. We're finally getting to the point where we can really communicate with the girls and talk in a mixture of Thai and English which is awesome cause it means we can have meaningful conversations...more than just the 'hello, how are you'. The fact that we can talk about what we want to do in the future and I was able to help with homework was a pretty big breakthrough for the past couple weeks.

*Egg is in EVERYTHING here. breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in all sorts of forms you've never seen before. Get ready for some egg if you come to the Isaan region!

*tomorrow I'm going to shadow some teachers at my school and talk to the Thai teachers I will be working with - I'll let you all know how it goes.

*been learning a lot about the culture here and what is right and wrong in terms of being a foreign teacher so will blog about that soon enough. We're really quite busy these days and all of our free time is after 8 pm. We're getting ready to run an English camp this weekend as our 'practicum'. Pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment